WoW API: GetPlayerBuffName
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This is no longer a part of the World of Warcraft API.
→ WoW API
Used to retrieve the name and rank of a buff in a given index, or to verify a buff with the given name (and optionally, rank) is present.
local name, rank = GetPlayerBuffName(id, or "name"[,"rank"])
- id (number) - index from 1 to 16
- name (string) - name of the buff to retrieve
- rank (string) - rank of the buff to retrieve, as returned by this function (Optional)
- name (string) - name of buff found
- rank (string) - rank of buff found
Called on a paladin with Devotion Aura (Rank 1) in buff slot 1
local buffName, buffRank = GetPlayerBuffName(1)
buffName = "Devotion Aura" buffRank = "Rank 1"
- Removed in patch 3.0. Use UnitAura (or derived functions) to retrieve information about buffs.