Widget API: FontString:SetAlphaGradient
Creates or removes an alpha gradient over the text in the FontString fading from 100% opaque to 100% transparent.
success = FontString:SetAlphaGradient(start,length)
- Distance from the left in pixels that the gradient will start
- Length in pixels of the gradient.
- If the length is 0, the text is returned to normal.
- 1 if the gradient change was made
- nil if no action was taken
To see it's effects try this:
Now, view any tooltip. You will see the text on the first line of the tooltip fade out as it approaches 40 pixels from the left. To set the tooltip back use: