← WoW Lua
The following are places to look for information on the Lua language itself. For these it helps if you are already familiar with programming in general.
- Official Reference Manual - Contains Lua syntax and basic commands, but is a heavy, highly-technical read for those without a programming background. See Luai for and alternative way of browsing the manual.
- lua-users - A Lua user group with a Wiki. Includes a FAQ, tutorials and extended help on many topics. The group also hosts a mailing list with past archive, and a IRC channel #lua at irc.freenode.net. Their LuaLinks page is very extensive.
While any text editor can edit Lua files, many contain additional programming or even Lua specific features.
See Lua editors
Using Lua for WoW
Related projects include:
- WoWBench - Aims to be a near-complete emulation of the WoW environment.
- Lua 5.1.1 WoW - Distribution created by cogwheel that includes everything needed for addon development
- Lua variable scoping - Guide for Lua scoping rules
- Lua functions - Functions available in the World of Warcraft API
- User defined functions - Useful functions written by addon authors
- Lua file - File format for a Lua file in a WoW AddOn
- Lua object memory sizes - Treatise on memory in Lua
- World of Warcraft API - Lists global API functions provided in WoW